Skip to main content

Home destroyed in house fire


GUN CREEK – A Gun Creek home was destroyed by fire late last Thursday, though everyone was able to get out of the home.

At approximately 11:30 p.m. on March 7 the homeowners’ son woke up and the room was filled with smoke. He woke up the rest of the family and they were able to all, pets included, safely exit the home.

District 3 Volunteer Fire Department was dispatched to the home, located at the head of Fletcher Branch, off of Gun Creek, but the home was completely engulfed when fire crews arrived.

Scottie Jo Stephens, with the District 3 Fire Department, told the Independent the fire started around the coal/wood stove and the homeowners, Tex and Viola Fletcher, had no insurance on the home.


Heather Oney

ARH Top 10 Employers