Skip to main content

Home destroyed in fire Wednesday

OAKLEY – Crews were called to a house fire on Shafter Arnett Road early Wednesday morning, which resulted in a total loss of the home, officials said.

The fire started at approximately 7 a.m. on December 21 in the attic of the home of Chad and Aubre Hall. 

District 3 Volunteer Fire Department Chief Jim Joseph said he was told the house was originally built in 1921 and was a “boxed house,” where renovations are built around the original home. Fire officials said this, along with the metal roof, makes it hard for crews to extinguish the fire in time.

Officials believe the fire started due to an electrical issue in the attic. 

Joseph said the Halls, along with their two sons, were able to safely exit the house, as well as retrieve a few of their belongings, but the home was a total loss.

“It being right here at Christmas, it’s a terrible loss, but it could have been a lot worse,” Joseph said. “You can’t replace people.”

In addition to District 3, South Magoffin Volunteer Fire Department, Salyersville Fire Department and Middle Fork Volunteer Fire Department responded to the fire.

 

Tags

admin

Ligula dignissim tempor montes laoreet adipiscing metus ullamcorper sapien nostra sollicitudin convallis mi purus rutrum